Thursday, July 26, 2007


A SUMMER TO REMEMBER

again i have found myself not taking the time to write a bit of my thoughts and my adventures. i have had a summer of letting a bit of myself be spontaneous and adventurous, i have let myself listen to my heart, and my random and compulsive thoughts and actions.


though summer still is holding on and every degree of the 100 degree weather i am more than thankful for i thought it would be good to share some of my summer. the home whispering pines had done as my home but then we sold as a spec was finished and closed after grueling and countless hours of finish time, it turned out very much as my dream had shared with me it should, it was a warm, and inviting home that i just loved. we entered into negotiations for another home with a potential buyer and those negotiations continue but we have designed another home with suggestions form the homeowner and call that one the "north forest cabin". (i am so good at coming up with these cool names , hahahah)

a blessing has come to me in the form of a repreve, i will not be going to iraq with the battalion this winter, (which i was looking forward to the warmer temps in the winter) but i am able to stay home and not be eligable for recal until 2009, this is good i need to make sure that i am financially stable before going again.

i have hiked this summer,places like logan canyon, the applachians, the cumberland trail, cool places that i wanted to see, i have met cool and interesting people, rafted the snake river, fished and so far caught nothing, taught caneoing merit badge at scout camp (that was fun), learned to indain wistle with my hands, and if i wasnt as mighty as i am i would have jumped form a plane, but i will travelk to a lower altitude where us mighty men can be carried by a parachute.

i lost some luggage (baggage) that was slowing me down (TYG) and have spent many hours reducing the clutter of life. see it is when i listen to the inside of me that the outside of me shows it. the quieter i am the more i hear, the more i understand, and the more i want to be part of life with others.

all of this is again topped by the coolness of being a grandpa, life will forever be a blessing each day and each year no matter the outcome, i have been given till the day i die to get this right, and then some. see there was a time i wanted to catch the biggest fish, climb the highest mountain and see the coolest things, everytime i do things with my kids and family i feel like i have conquered those things.

thank you god (TYG)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, you seem to have conquered a mighty mountain but after all, you are the mountain man. You will know who this comment is from. I watched a piece of your journey. Thank you for sharing. One I will never forget. You are on the right path and life will continue to serve your needs. Never lose sight of your dreams. The last piece of advice is: Don't spend your life searching for what is right in front of you. In time you will understand what that means.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing this.