Monday, September 02, 2013

JOURNEY OF SEVERAL THOUSAND MILES

what a journey this has been, I have spent a lifetime wondering what my grandparents or the past lived like in Kentucky.   These had to be hard tough people.   Every place had mountains, deep ravines and heavy forests.  To get anywhere must have taken days upon days.   Just going the backroads took hours to travel a hundred miles.   Roads cut into stone that would creep up one side of the mountain and down the other.   In my search one site in particular was important.  The resting place of a Civil War Veteran, my Great Great Grandfather.  After a long day search of several locations and when I was going to give up, there it was still legible after all these years.   I felt a peace when I found this and I was honored to have been there. 

No comments: