Wednesday, November 01, 2006

"Impatient Man?"
Ok, I had a day this week that made me think of things we do in our life. Are there times we leave common sense when we are impatient. I think there have been times in my life, when I can absolutely say that is the case. What brought this to my attention, I drove 300 miles one way this week to pour 1 yard of concrete, a pad 10 foot long and 5 foot wide, 50 square foot. I have figured the cost of the trip I took, considering 2 men, drive time, truck time, materials and misc, it was approximately $1500.00 that is 30.00 per square foot, that would be 10 times more expensive than my normal charge. It was a need to be done, need it now and needed me to come get it done job. So this proves that (from my perspective) impatience of waiting for a couple of local guys to pour this, which in reality if I did this for someone would cost them 300, but this has driven out common sense. I measure this of course with my ruler and knowledge, I may not know all of the facts, it may be that with this not done to set the storage tank it costs this gas plant money, and therefore this price is affordable, but from my perspective this is a lack of comon sense. I have done it in life many times, Imapatience, leading to the lack of common sense. I think I am better than I used to be, but hang on this life aint over yet, and I am sure I will have more times that this theory gets proven.

No comments: