Wednesday, August 07, 2013

First Day of the Rest of Your Life

I was once told, well every day I woke up for 18 years and then for the last 30 each day I saw my dad, that this is the first day of the rest of your life make the best of it.   Ive had a lot of first days, I have a lot that I let slip by, and did not make the best of it.  Mostly I had tons slip by that I did not make it the best for someone else.    Too often the world ends at the end of our fingers.    Worldly pursuits cloud family values, family values become misunderstood as intrinsically connected to worldly pursuits.     There is nothing more important than family.    Somewhere along the way that clouded in many areas.   Family has little to do with the genetic gifts (or deficits) passed on.    Though very important there comes a time when you give or take enough from another person and they are then your family.    The challenges of being a father, dad or even somedays the genetic donor (for lack of worse words) have heart warming and wrenching waves that affect other parts or your world.   Balancing all of that is a nightmare, I see it in the one who told me this is the first day of the rest of your life make the best of it, but thought it would just genetically be passed on.  It is time to keep working on it!!!!!!!!!!!!!    So today is the first day of the rest of my life, The past defines who I am this morning, today will begin to define who I will be tomorrow and dreams will map who I can become. 

No comments: