Wednesday, October 25, 2006

"RULE MAKER, RULE BREAKER"
Some days what a softy I am, I guess it may be that I wish I could have always been there for each movement the kids made. It is extremely important to me to provide the best stability I can, I know that not much has been stable this year, but even in tough times the "best you can" is important.

I decided to hit an area closing for deer yesterday, just taking the afternoon. Bryce in his subtle ways until almost 11pm on monday bugged me to see if he could go, of course the answer is no, school and homework is important. Bryce has accomplished some homework goals he and I had set, though not all are met progress is being done. I reviewed this in my mind as I slept(i know but i do think while i sleep) when I woke in the morning to Bryce asking me yet again if he can go, I thought I have to stick by my guns, so I said "I will pick you up at your lunch time, what time is that?"

At the end of the night, a thank you and I had a good time dad made up for some things I thought were the most important.

Today he missed the bus, he was so tired, though I can assure you it was not because we hunted hard and walked anywhere. I reminded him that he was not going to stay home because he was tired, or he will never get out of school again. I turned on the radio and cooked him pop tarts, well I burnt them and he wouldnt eat them, so I made him a ziploc of fruit loops, cant screw that up.

The radio had a run of some great oldies as all of this was going on, I was singing dancing and being stared at, and of course mocked for my "JUBIROUS" (A WORD I HAVE BORROWED AND USE) behavior. he missed the bus, I was jubirous so it didnt matter, we got in the truck me in my PJ's and bryce dressed up, I ran him to the bus exchange site and I promised him I would take care of him, singing the whole way. I told bryce I would walk him right up to the bus door, he was not happy and even demanded I stay put, when we got there I opened my door, his head dropped and he hoped no one would see him, he then said he was not getting out of the truck until I close the door. I did, I must say kids sure are picky who they hang out with.

I will save all of these nice stories and more for when he brings his first love home, yea thats it. anyway these are some good times.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Remind me to never drive in a truck with you again :P Poor kid